Summary of the Position:
The Agency and C&I Loan Servicing Specialist will possess a solid understanding of the Commercial Loan Process from start to finish, with particular expertise in the Commercial & Industrial and specifically Agency Servicing. The Loan Servicing Specialist must have a willingness to work alongside Team Leads and/or Managers to carry out departmental objectives, respond quickly to changing needs of the business, and provide coaching and expertise with a customer-service oriented attitude. Experience in C&I and Agented loan administration, closing, due diligence, documentation and loan booking as well as in depth knowledge of bank processing systems including Fiserv Signature are required.
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Supports daily Loan Operations functions and provide processing expertise and high level of customer service interactions to team leads and associates as well as internal and external customers by performing research and complex issue resolution for C&I and Agented loans
- Leads communication for the participation desk; including inquiries, complex research and issue resolution
- Ensures ticklers/exceptions are maintained and kept up to date
- Ensures letter of credit renewals, extensions and all associated billing and ticklers are current
- Trains and coaches less experienced colleagues on TriState Procedures and processes around agency servicing, participation loans and letters of credit
- Independently completes complex calculations including but not limited to: accruing/unused fees, interest calculations, and letter of credit fees.
- Provides assistance to less tenured team members for the specified line of business through a variety of means including training and mentorship, loan level support and problem resolution
- Ensures departmental procedures are updated if required; reviews for completeness and accuracy on a regular basis; identifies redundancies and inefficiencies, make recommendations, and successfully implement continuous improvement solutions
- Projects, as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in working with Fiserv Signature
- 5+ years of experience in Operational Lending environment
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Time management – ability to independently prioritize tasks, objectives and meet specified deadlines.
- Teamwork – work closely with team members across loan ops in the organization with a “one team” mindset.
- Communication and collaboration – ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions across and up in the organization. Work across teams to both identify issues and problem solve to deliver root cause solutions.
- Knowledge sharing – creatively and impactfully share knowledge through training (group or 1:1), documented job aides and procedures and other methods as appropriate.
TriState Capital Bank provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
TriState Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.